I hope your 2020 is off to a good start! For me it’s been a wild ride so far, and I’m excited to see what lies ahead.
I’m back with my hormone series, and today we’re talking about the fertility years. We spend many years during this phase, and it’s such a powerful time of life.
If you are in your fertility years, I’m excited to share some things that might help you. For many women, the fertility years can have some hormonal challenges, especially if your body is out of balance, such as PMS, bloating, headaches, breast tenderness, and menstrual cramping.
If you experience any of these symptoms, know you’re not alone.
Traditional Chinese Medicine says if you want to improve a woman’s health, you must balance her hormones.
I agree, however, the way you balance your hormones is to improve your overall health. Working to balance the hormones with herbs and nutrition is actually one of the last steps in the process. You have to correct what is throwing the hormones off first.
The good news is, I’m here to talk about how to actually do that! There are steps you can take to get your hormones back into balance.
In today’s video, I go over blood sugar regulation, seed cycling, liver health, and why I DON’T recommend you use hormones or the pill to balance yourself out. I also go into why I don’t love intermittent fasting, and what I suggest you do instead.
This is a must-watch for anyone in their fertility years, especially if you’re experiencing any signs of hormonal imbalance:
If you don’t have time to watch, here’s a summary:
- At the beginning of your cycle, estrogen and progesterone are low. As your cycle progresses, estrogen decreases, then shoots up, which stimulates the release of the egg. After the egg is released progesterone starts to increase. Balancing these two hormones is KEY for women’s health and fertility.
- When the liver is getting gunked up (by chemicals in our food, cleaning products, makeup, etc) it isn’t able to cycle out the hormones.
- Make sure you’re eating at regular intervals. When blood sugar is low, it wreaks havoc on our body and hormones
- Seed cycling – eating certain fats at certain times of the cycle – can do miracles for women
- I don’t recommend using hormones or the pill to balance yourself out. Both override your natural cycle, and we’re not getting to the root of the issue
- Estradiol gives a woman the superpower to multi-task during the fertility years, but we need to be careful that we don’t get in a stressed state where we’re pushing ourselves too far. (Stress negatively affects the liver)
- Self-care is so key. If we burn out, everyone else around us goes down (to my hard-working moms, you know this!)
- When your hormone cycle is off, it can take several months to get back on schedule.
If you need support in balancing your hormones, I’m here for you. I offer in-person sessions as well as virtual ones. You can call or text my office at (310) 319-1122 to get more information.
Stay tuned for my next videos on perimenopause, one of my favorite topics. There are new superpowers that enter the picture at this time!
Yours in health,